I haven’t been blogging here lately – and not for a lack of interest, I promise. I know you’ve all been chomping at the bit to catch up with all the goings-on in the Romack household, so I’ll lay a few of the highlights on you:
- Angela’s been a stay-at-home mom for about four months now. It’s been a huge thing for us, and while we’re still trying to find the right balance of family versus work times throughout the day, our family is much happier across the board.
- Business has been super crazy the past few weeks. We’ve had a ton of projects to ship out, which is always a blessing, but it keeps us steadily busy. I don’t expect the trend to slow down anytime soon.
- Tyson is getting to be quite the giant – or as “giant-like” as a 17 and 1/2 pound, two foot tall kiddo can be. He has three teeth now, can crawl, pull up, babble your ear off and loves his Mommy and Daddy. Seriously – having kids is easily one of the best things we’ve ever done.
- I’ve been playing drums and percussion a lot more lately. I’ve been serving the team at Grace Bible Church here in College Station – and let me tell you, these guys are ridiculously talented. Always humbled to serve alongside Tim and the crew each Sunday.
- We’re closing in on the October playoff season for baseball. I’ve been a little agitated lately, as you might have noticed here and here. Also: Just secured my tickets for the second game in the first round of the playoffs. Super excited!
- We’re addicted to “Breaking Bad” now. That’s all I’m going to say about that…
- And, last but not least, I’m launching a new website, which I’d really like your help in promoting.
Let me tell you a bit more about Ontempo.
Ontempo Ideas is the name of my business, and it’s more than a little obvious that I’m going with a bit of a musical vibe with this project. I’ve seen a lot of the digital marketing industry the past couple of years, and while I claim to be no expert, I do understand a few things well. I get that tons of businesses royally screw up email marketing, not many folks understand how to tie social media back to business goals, too many get caught on the “warm” and fuzzy” aspects of being digital with customers, and there’s a ton of really poor copywriting to accompany all of these avenues. Enter Ontempo.
Our business wants to be a marketing metronome for brands who are either burnt out, don’t get it or just need a little help. If there’s one thing I understand about clicks it’s that they provide a terrific foundation upon which a drummer can lay down the fat grooves that drive a track. While Ontempo probably won’t (literally) be making any sweet melodies with clients, I see our team being a guide, a steady beat and a firm foundation for businesses to propel their digital marketing efforts to infinity and beyond.
How can you help Ontempo?
That’s an easy one. If you know of someone who owns a business, is confused about social media, hasn’t the foggiest idea about digital marketing, runs an email list, has a website or blog they’re wanting to make money with, or even someone who uses digital media for their job – please, please, please pass this link their way and check out the launch of the Ontempo website in the next couple of days.
The website will showcase a few of the ways Ontempo is looking to partner with businesses, including email marketing, social media management, copywriting, and content creation and marketing. There will, eventually, be a public speaking and team development aspect to the business, as well, but I’m not sure how quickly we’ll move that direction. There’s, of course, a blog and an email list, too, so we’re truly committed to sharing valuable tidbits with companies that aren’t sure whether they’re ready for our services just yet. Ontempo is also on Facebook and Twitter, so make sure to give us a follow if you’re feeling generous.
It’s tough work getting a business off the ground, but it’s even more challenging to create the public face of said business. I’m especially grateful for the patience and understanding of my beautiful wife, Angela, as I’ve clocked tons of late hours the past few weeks in an tempt to nail down what I wanted this website to be. Without her, none of this really floats anyway. There’s a landing page online now, but check out the site this Tuesday and let me know what you think here in the comments section. Your feedback is insanely valuable, so believe me when I say how important your words of wisdom are to me.